Student Travel Grant Winners
We are pleased to announce the recipients of Student Travel Grants for the IEEE ICC 2017. The winners are:
|Carlos Astudillo||State University of Campinas|
|Thanh Dinh||Soongsil University|
|Nasim Ferdosian||Universiti Putra Malaysia|
|Vahid Jamali||Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-NÂ¨urnberg|
|Sachitha Kusaladharma||University of Alberta|
|MÃ¡rio Moreira||University of Beira Interior|
|Satyaki Roy||Missouri University of Science and Technology|
|Anibal Sanjab||Virginia Tech|
|Yu-Lun Su||National Chiao Tung University|
|Minh-Tuan Thai||National Chiao Tung University|
|Anoop Thomas||Indian Institute of Science|
|Phuc Trinh||The University of Aizu|
|Xiaoyue Wan||Xiamen University|
|Haoxin Wang||University of North Carolina at Charlotte|
|Wei Wang||Nanyang Technological University|
|Zhiyang Wang||University of Science and Technology of China|
|Keyu Wu||University of Alberta|
|Xiaokang Xie||University of Science and Technology of China|
|Bin Yang||Huazhong University of Science & Technology|
|Jingwen Zhang||Beijing Jiaotong University|
- The student applicant must be a student member of the IEEE ComSoc;
- The student applicant must be a co-author of an accepted paper in IEEE ICC 2017 and present it at the conference;
- The student applicants must be full-time students registered toward a Bachelor/ Masters/ PhD degree in computer science, engineering or related field in a college/university when submitting their applications;
- The student may not receive more than one STG in any 12-month period
The awards range from $500-1000. A student who is awarded a student travel grant must attend the conference in person, as indicated above. The student must register, attend, and present the paper (if the student is a co-author) at the conference. Payment will only be made to the student as long as the award recipient submits the expense report (with receipts) within 45 days after the conference. More details will be provided to the students who are selected to receive the STG award.
IEEE is committed to the principle that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, services, and employment without regard to personal characteristics not related to ability, performance, or qualifications as determined by IEEE policy and/or applicable laws. For more information on the IEEE policy visit http://www.ieee.org/nondiscrimination/
How to apply: Student Application Material
The application should be submitted electronically via EDAS.
After logging into EDAS, click the “TravelGrant” tab at your EDAS home page, and then select “Student Travel Grant for IEEE ICC 2017".An application for a STG award should consist of:
- The student's resume, including your citizenship (required), and ethnicity and gender (optional, used to broaden the participation of under-represented students)
- A half-to-one page letter to state the purpose of attending the conference
- A support letter from the student's advisor.
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date;
- The date of enrollment at the PhD/Master/Bachelor program and the expected date for graduation
- The list of conferences previously attended by the student
- A description of areas in ICC2017 program that would impact the student's research;
- A motivation of the student to attend the conference and how the conference would change his/her research including outcomes and experience expected from the conference attendance.
- Confirmation that the student is enrolled with good standing;
- Expected date of graduation
- List of the conferences/workshops previously attended by the student
- The suitability of the ICC program to the student's research area
- The strengths and potential contributions of the student
- Availability of funds from other sources.
Note: Applicants are encouraged to make their travel plans without depending on notification from the committee to ensure the lowest cost
Additional Information: Please address any question to the Student Travel Grant chair, Youssef Nasser at email@example.com with mandatory title: “IEEE ICC 2017 STG Question: Your Last Name”.
Acknowledgments: Women in Communications Engineering (WICE) is supporting IEEE ICC 2017 through two student travel grants.