Instructions for Presentation of Papers at ICC 2017
Symposia Oral Presentations
Oral presentations for the ICC Symposia have been allocated 15 minutes of effective presentation time, plus 2 minutes given to Q/A and 1 minute turnaround time between speakers.
Authors must prepare their oral presentations to be sure to convey their message in clear and sharp manner, including giving outline of the key principles, facts and results. More detailed discussions can continue during the breaks.
In order to ensure a smooth performance during your session, we kindly ask you to consider the following instructions:
- Be at the session room 15 minutes before session starts and introduce yourself to the session chairs.
- A video projector and a PC will be available in all conference rooms. Speakers are not allowed to use their own laptop computer, avoiding useless time breaks in between papers
- Bring your presentation on a USB memory stick in MS-PowerPoint or Adobe PDF formats, and upload it in the Session Room computer no later than 15 minutes prior to your session start! You can also bring it earlier, during the coffee/lunch breaks of any days before your presentation. A volunteer will be at your disposal to help you upload it in the right place in order to find it easily at the time of presentation.
- In order to avoid any compatibility problems, read carefully the instructions below.
- For MS-PowerPoint presentations, please use the following versions only: PP 97-2003 (*.ppt) or 2007, 2010 to guarantee that it will be opened successfully on the on-site PC
- We recommend to the PPT/PPTX format instead of PPS
- All videos or animations in the presentation must run automatically!
- We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the WMV format should work with no difficulties.
- In case your video is not inserted in MS-PowerPoint, it is possible to have it in other formats – MPEG 2,4, AVI (codecs: DivX, XviD, h264) or WMV. Suggested bitrate for all mpeg4 based codecs is about 1 Mbps with SD PAL resolution (1024x576pix with square pixels, AR: 16/9).
- In case of Full HD videos, please let us know quite in advance.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause wrong layout/style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman.
If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation:
- Click on “File”, then “Save As”
- Check the “Tools” menu and select “Embed True Type Fonts”
Symposia Interactive Presentations
Interactive sessions for the ICC Symposia have been scheduled in 90-minute slots, divided in two consecutive sessions (in order to determine the type of session for your paper, the interactive session code includes the letter "IS").
Each paper presentation is allocated 40 minutes, plus 5 min setup time and transition time to the next speaker.
Presentations are to be displayed on LCD screens, with the following properties:
- Screen dimensions: 43”
- Resolution: HD
- Orientation: Landscape
- Display from your laptop - we will supply HDMI and VGA cable ONLY. If your laptop or other device does not provide HDMI or VGA output, you will need to bring any necessary adaptors.
- Bring no later than 15 minutes prior to their session start their presentation (a set of PPT/PDF slides) with their laptop to the interactive session area located at the Blue Amphitheatre Lobby, Level 2 (2 areas, 1 one Neuilly Side, 1 Paris Side). A volunteer will indicate which TV screen is allocated to the presenter.
- Introduce themselves to the Session Chair 15 min prior to the session.
During the refreshment breaks, the screens will be available for you to check your presentations.
Please make sure that when you make your interactive presentation the following are always visible on the screen:
- the symposium
- session code
- paper title
so that attendees can easily identify the interactive presentations on whichever slide you might be commenting.
The IS presentation offers the means to engage with the audience in a number of novel ways. Of course, attendees will move between the screens at times of their choosing.
Presenters at workshops should follow the same general guidance as given above for oral presentations in the Symposia. However, workshop presentations may follow different timings, and presenters should contact the particular workshop’s organizers for advice if further explanation is required.
Presenter Substitution Procedure
If no co-author is available to present at the conference, the TPC Chair can grant permission in some extreme cases to have the paper presented by a qualified substitute presenter. If you need to make such a request, please fill out a Substitute Presenter Form (http://icc2017.ieee-icc.org/ieee-icc-2017-presenter-substitution-form) no later than Wednesday, 10 May 2017. A copy of the form goes directly to the TPC Chair of approval.